Posted: 23 May 2002
The world's less wealthy nations, mostly former colonies: ie most of Asia, Africa, Latin America and the South Pacific. Also sometimes referred to as the South.Source: The Community Tourism Guide by Mark Mann, published by Earthscan Publications, London, 2001.
- Welcome to our Website
- Voices from Planet 21
- World cannot sustain increasing population growth: UN report
- How to trigger greener, smarter growth - while fighting poverty
- Samburu people 'under attack' over land rights
- Beyond Reach? John Madeley (Longstone Books, 2009, £9.99)
- COMMENTARY: The G20 summit - what does it mean for the poor?
- Big Business, Poor Peoples
- Rich countries launch great land grab
- Ivory sale raises fears of new slaughter
- EU trade deal 'could damage African forests'
- COMMENTARY: Time to think again on trade talks
- From poverty to power
- The Urgency of Now
- NGOs press for a fresh approach to the food crisis